Reservations and directions: contact info at wisteriaways.org **PREFERRED**
Add your contact information to our e-mail list to be notified of future events.
Thursday Feb 21, 2008, 8pm
Swedish Folk trio
- It all started in a small street in Malmö, Sweden. A new guy moved into
the apartment below. It turned out to be a classmate from
the Academy of Music. They soon got tired of hearing each other's
stomping of feet through the ceiling, and started playing together instead.
The band name was obvious: Grannar (neighbors). After a while, they felt
the need to develop their music a bit further by adding another instrument.
A bassist was a natural choice; it added a new richness to the music,
and he also lived at Sofiagatan!
- The repertoire started out with traditional folk music from Southern Sweden
(Skåne and Västergötland).
But soon, Grannar started adding their own compositions, and nowadays,
those make up a substantial part of the group's music, along with a few tunes
- Grannar's main repertoire is dance music, and groove and danceability
is a major priority for Grannar, but they have also done church concerts,
played for children etc.
- Successful tour of the North American West coast in 2005, now followed by West coast tour in Feb 2008
- Download sound samples at the bottom of the link below