Reservations and directions: contact info at wisteriaways.org **PREFERRED**
Add your contact information to our e-mail list to be notified of future events.
Saturday March 25, 8pm 2017
Cabaret folk with a side of Broadway and 40's popular jazz
- Three girls from Amsterdam who sing sweet harmonies and also play a large number of instruments - they are Una Bergin, Laurien
Schreuder and Laura, aka Snowapple.
- The girls all had musical careers before they joined forces: Laurien has an international career as an opera singer and also
performed at many big festivals and stages like Glastonbury and Vive Latino with Gipsy Punk band Polka Madre. Una, is a
jazz singer with worldly influences, she joined different bands both in the Netherlands and France and sang on stages as
Bimhuis Amsterdam. Laura is a singer, composer and conductor from Latvia who has lived and worked
as a musician in the Netherlands since 2007. Her musical background of Latvian folk music and 12 years of European
academic music studies complements a strong interest in modern jazz and the popular music of Brazil, along with a more
recent exploration of singer-songwriter compositions. Laura was awarded the Best Composition Prize in
the 2012 Dutch Jazz Competition.
- Singing old folk songs in three part harmony round Laurien's kitchen table. That's how it started. But Laurien also plays guitar,
so she soon got it out of its case. And before too long, Una had bought a mandolin and Laura had remembered that she
could play the violin. One song after another was composed and collectively arranged, whereby the arsenal of instruments
grew to include banjo, glockenspiel and accordion. The first incarnation of Snowapple as a multi-instrumental singing
spectacle was a fact.
- --"The 3 young, fresh and non-stop smiling ladies of the Dutch band Snowapple, are incredibly talented, they have a lot of fun when
they perform and they create a happy atmosphere. They play with their voices, they are multi-talented, they play dozens
of instruments together and they definitely know how to give a show....
- --"These three talented young multi-instrumentalists and singers from Amsterdam are full of musical surprises [...] they charm their
audiences with sweet harmonies, light up-beat numbers with a country feel and most of all their quirky, joyful delivery.
Snowapple's music is infectious and has a feel-good quality that will put a
smile on your face and get your feet tapping.
"(Rina Vergano, Venue magazine)
- Snow Apple thrilled a packed Berkeley house concert venue in Nov 2013. Consider yourself lucky to be able to attend this one!
After one year of touring Europe, playing Paradiso in Amsterdam, Metropolis Studios in England, Kater Holzig in Berlin and many
other venues around Europe, they recorded their first album and have signed a record deal with the label V2
(founded by Richard Branson). The album was released in the Benelux 2013.
back to top