Reservations and directions: contact info at wisteriaways.org **PREFERRED**
Add your contact information to our e-mail list to be notified of future events.
Evie Ladin Band
Saturday Nov 12 8pm, Inside concert
Banjo, resonant voice, real stories and rhythmic dance
- The polyrhythmic heat and funk of Evie Ladin's clawhammer banjo, resonant voice, real stories and rhythmic dance - have been heard from A Prairie Home Companion to Celtic Connections, Lincoln Center to Hardly Strictly Bluegrass. Based in Oakland, CA, Evie tours solo, duo with Keith Terry, or with her expansive stringband Evil Diane. Known as a driving force behind San Francisco's Stairwell Sisters, Evie's solo debut Float Downstream (2010) was produced by Mike Marshall and Keith Terry. Sing Out! magazine reports "Solid song craft performed wonderfully
- Evie Ladin is a banjo player, step-dancer, singer, songwriter and square-dance caller with a lifetime of experience in traditional American cultural arts. She grew up in a trad folk scene up and down the Eastern Seaboard of the US, travels the world, and calls the rich arts scene in Oakland, California home. She also tours with The Stairwell Sisters, all-gal old-time teardown, and Keith Terry & Crosspulse, performing rhythm-based multi-cultural music & dance works. She teaches banjo, singing and dance at home in Oakland when you can find her there, and is ready to make the next record!
end to end...Very strongly recommended."
- Evie started playing banjo at the age of 8, clogging since 5, and has a fluid expressiveness in these traditional Appalachian arts, even as she incorporates an urban edge and contemporary vision to her ripe stories, and deep interpretations of old songs. The musicians in Evil Diane are remarkably talented and quirky interpreters who tease out gorgeous beds of new trad music. Keith Terry (bass, Body Music) is a renowned percussionist/rhythm dancer and the founder of the International Body Music Festival; Dina Maccabee (fiddle) combines mastery on the violin with voice and body percussion in Real Vocal String Quartet and others; Erik Pearson (guitar, banjo) is a musician's musician, and plays with the Crooked Jades and storyteller Dianne Ferlatte. Evil Diane in live performance is a demonstrative, delightfully gorgeous storm.
- Members: Evie Ladin - banjo, guitar, vocals, feet // Keith Terry - bass, percussion, body, vocals // Dina Maccabee - violin, vocals, feet // Erik Pearson - guitar, Dobro, vocals //
- 7 CD's
- Listen to Evie Ladin sound clips on CD baby on the link below
ELB on CD baby
- Listen to Evie Ladin Band on MySpace link below
Evie Ladin Band
back to top