Reservations and directions: contact info at wisteriaways.org **PREFERRED**
Add your contact information to our e-mail list to be notified of future events.
Amy X Neuburg
Saturday Oct 18, 8pm
Unique blend of cabaret, classical and rock
- A cross-over artist defying definition, Amy twists multiple musical styles together into
something all her own -- from cabaret and hard rock to classical. Her wildly inventive lyrics
range from the poignant to the absurd, touching on social and political issues in surprisingly
personal ways -- all intertwined with electronic samples, loops and layers galore. With her
unique performance style, 4-octave vocal range and riveting stage presence, Amy was a
crowd-wower at the Other Minds Festival 9 at the Palace of Fine Arts in San Francisco.
- In this concert Amy will perform favorites from her past and present repertoire as well
as introduce works-in-development using her newest gadget, the Blippoo Box -- a unique
hand-built analog synthesizer created for her by instrument designer Rob Hordijk.
- "Wow! That was the one simple word that best described the one-woman musical
hurricane that was Amy X Neuburg last night... If diversity, creativity, and flat-out
ability were all crimes, Neuburg would have been locked up years ago...
Her diverse array of sounds, vocally and electronically, are matched by both her
intelligent and emotionally connected lyrics and conversely her sense of fun."
-- Otago Daily Times, New Zealand
- "A new kind of multi-threat composer... She's an opera singer, a pure-toned Minimalist,
a sultry jazz singer and a spoken-word artist in one package, and she can shift modes in
a syllable. She manipulates that voice electronically in real time, looping it, sometimes
altering pitch, timbre or speed. Neuburg sings harmony with herself and interacts in
dialogues with her own voice... Exhilarating originality. No one else sounds like Amy X."
-- Tom Strini, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
- "She loops her voice and sings over her alter egos until she's a whole chorus, an opera, a
circus acts far more musical than Laurie Anderson and a hell of a lot cheerier than
Diamanda Galas, Neuburg has scoped out her own territory in the gulf between pop and classical."
-- Kyle Gann, Village Voice
- Four CD's, including "Residue"
Amy X Neuburg
Amy X on My Space