Reservations and directions: contact info at wisteriaways.org **PREFERRED**
Add your contact information to our e-mail list to be notified of future events.
Gary Muszynski and Friends
Saturday June 4th at 3pm-Outside concert
World Music: Sounds and instruments from Africa, Brazil, and Peru blend with jazz improvisation for a unique musical hybrid.
- Join Gary Muszynski (hang and world percussion), David Worm (voice), Moses Sedlar (cello) and special guests for a very special outdoor house concert.
- Feel free to arrive a bit earlier to picnic and hang out with your family and friends. Bring cushions, backpack chairs, blankets, food, and whatever else you might need to be comfortable.
- About Gary:
Gary Muszynski is a percussionist, composer, educator and facilitator who views rhythm, music and sound as doorways to healing, self-expression and group transformation. Through One World Music, his approach to music as a metaphor for leadership, collaboration and community has found its way into organizations and conferences worldwide. In addition to his work with organizations, Gary offers workshops and classes for the general public under the title Presence, Power and Percussion: Discovering your Musical Mojo.
Gary has studied rhythm and percussion in Brazil, Cuba, Indonesia and the U.S. with various masters. He has taught at the Kennedy Center, the Omega Institute, the Kripalu Center, and Spirit Rock Meditation Center and performed with Bobby McFerrin, David Darling, and WeBeThree. Gary plays the surdo, pandeiro, berimbau, udu, mbira, ashiko, and bongo. In recent years, he has explored composing for and performing on the hang, a hybrid instrument from Switzerland that combines the sounds of the Indonesian gong, the Indian Guatam pot, and the Trinidadian steel pan.
- Moses Seder is a composer, of music for concert stage, modern dance, and film. He is also a concert cellist, and recording artist. Moses has a background rooted in classical music, as well as improvisatory music, with influences of Indian classical music, and eastern European folk music. Moses studied composition at Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle Washington, before moving to the San Francisco Bay Area to study north Indian classical music with Ali Akbar Khan.
As a cellist and composer Moses has been working with concert ensembles, theater companies, choreographers, and filmmakers for over 15 years. Some of the collaborations include Lines Ballet, The Picasso String Quartet, Kunst-Stoff, Davka, Janice Garrett and dancers, Kitka, and Open Eye Pictures.
- David Worm performs and records with his band Glass House as well as with SoVoSo', Left Hook and The Miribai Ensemble. He also composes for Bay Area dance companies, including Robert Moses' Kin, Stanford Lively Arts, Project Bandaloop and Axis Dance as well as scoring for film. David also tours with Booby McFerrin and is widely considered one of the finest vocal percussionist around. Anywhere.
"The music was beautiful, healing, mysterious, and full of wonder. The spirited and world-class playing was incredible!"
- Yoshi Akiba, Owner of Yoshi's Jazz Club
Listen to some tracks --Gary Muszynski
One World Music
back to top